Friday 6 January 2012

Is this art? (part2)

Then, somewhere between trying to hand-paint (read Wacom tablet and pen) the circular holes of the Francis P. Duffy memorial and worrying about whether I could use the text tool for the inscriptions on it, I decided, f*ck it - this is not a homework assignment. I'm having fun. So I left the debate over art with teh memorial and moved on to the areas I originally thought would be cool to work on.


I desaturated the crowd so I could splash away with my paintbrush without having the original image dictate colour. Yes, I added a Bevel effect to the paint so it would look Impasto. Like I had squeezed the blobs of colour straight out of the tubes. I am now making up the rules as I go along...


I reckon if Van Gogh had a PC with Photoshop he would take full advantage of the medium...


That's my story and I'm sticking to it!






No comments:

Post a Comment